Sunday, August 4, 2019

It's About Time

Time:  Never enough, too much, wait, wait, wait!

In my last entry, I mentioned that my husband's last biopsy of his lymph glands was inconclusive, so the Oncologist ordered another one, this time deeper in the pelvic cavity, and that we were waiting to get it approved by insurance. We spend lots of time waiting, and it's gotten close to a year since his (and now my) former GP finally sent a referral to a Urologist. The stress lately has not been kind to me, and, as a result, I got sick, but I'm okay now.

Anyway, the new biopsy was done last month (July) on the 26th. We have a followup to discuss the results this upcoming Thursday (the 8th) however, due to my husband falling ill, we wound up seeing his wonderful new GP this past Friday, and he casually mentioned that the biopsy results were in, and offered to tell us. We agreed that we wanted to hear them.

Understand that after all the CT scans and MRI's we knew that the cancer had metastasized to his lymph system, and that the biopsy was merely a way to confirm for insurance purposes and to target the radiation that has been postponed pending the biopsy results.

We were not surprised by the results that there was cancer in the lymph system in the pelvic cavity, but knowing and having the confirmation has brought about a weird sense of relief. It means we go on to combine radiation with the chemo.

It also means that when we go in Thursday, we can face things and make decisions in a more practical and less emotional way. Honestly, I've been mostly "cried out" for the past few months anyway. Yes, I still cry sometimes, but after a while, the tears just don't come anymore. Understand that I worry almost constantly about all this, but I also know that my husband needs me to be strong and assist him with the hard decisions, and his current desire is "fight and fight hard at any cost!" My job is to stand by him and be his bulldog.

So, yes, we are armed with the results, but there is no plan of action until after we meet with the Oncologist on Thursday.

Again, we wait...

More to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment