Thursday, August 22, 2019

Today's Oncology Visit


It was a mixed bag, and unfortunately, I'm not feeling very optimistic. It's coming up on the one year mark of dealing with this, and I guess I'm more discouraged than I care to admit. 

Nobody is interested in "Doom and gloom," and I'm just frustrated. Trying to be the best I can is hard today, but my mood is merely a reflection of the results we received.

My husband has a standing lab order for his Vitamin D levels, PSA, and Testosterone.  


Vitamin D is going up. It was too low before, so this is very good news.


Not so good news is that his PSA and testosterone numbers are going back up and they aren't sure why. His PSA at the beginning of the month was 2.6, and now it’s up to 4.7, and his Testosterone was 20, and now it’s up to 24.


There's a good chance they may have to start giving him the Casodex again if it starts going up more. It's discouraging and more than a little scary especially for me. My husband is taking this in stride, because his results have been so much worse, but he knows that I take all this to heart, and some days are more difficult emotionally for me.


His MRSA infection also came back, which means there might be a delay in other treatments until that goes away completely.

The Oncologist gave him a new prescription for a stronger antibiotic. Now we just have to wait and see if it works.

Oh, and we're still waiting on insurance to approve the radiation.

So while we wait, I will grumble for a little while.








No comments:

Post a Comment