Wednesday, March 27, 2019

URGENT???!!! Really???!!!


Something Stinks Here!

In my last journal entry (https://alostwifesjourney.blogspot.com/2019/03/last-week-you-ask.html ) I mentioned that the Oncologist ordered a full body CT scan and a brain MRI on my Husband, to be done on an URGENT basis. What I didn't mention was that the Oncologist said it should be approved immediately by the insurance, and done within a week at the longest, and he set an appointment to discuss the results on Monday, April 1st.

I have been in contact with his Secretary daily to find out whether or not the insurance had approved it yet, so imagine my surprise waking up Tuesday (yesterday) morning, and finding out that the URGENT CT scan and MRI was approved, and that the Radiology department scheduled it for April 9th! My Only thought was:

URGENT???!!! Really???!!! BULLSHIT!!!

Shortly after getting that information from my Husband, the Oncologist's Secretary called me to let me know it had been approved. When I told her when it was scheduled, she was speechless! My Husband decided to keep the appointment so the Oncologist can fill out paperwork for Social Security, because it has a due date, but this delay in testing is adding to my stress levels. I mean, yes, I realize that I'm the only one that it matters to besides my Husband (and presumably, the Oncologist), but still... Is this how bad it's gotten, that URGENT means 3 weeks and one day (22 days) after being ordered? I'm really lost on this one (as if I wasn't already lost!)

I don't know if the Oncologist can get it done sooner, but I'm hoping he can do something, because I don't think my heart can take the pressure.

This wait is BULLSHIT!

My "love" song for the insurance bureaucrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQMXBvFMmGc

No comments:

Post a Comment