Tuesday, November 26, 2019

So Much To Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving is in 2 days, and it's time to share the happy stuff. Yes there's much to be Thankful for, so let's get started.

In no particular order:

Here it is, TWO whole months since my accident, and I finally started PT today(!) My range of motion hasn't improved much, but here's hoping my PT exercises help. The good thing is that I manage most of my self care really well now, and I'm truly grateful that I have some independence now. I'm back to sleeping in bed with my husband (where I belong) even though getting in and out of bed is painful.

My husband is in his 7th week of radiation, and is scheduled to finish on or around December 17th. We can see our goal up ahead! It is still causing problems (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc;)  but his Oncologist prescribed Lomotil for the diarrhea, so it's not as bad as it was.

We saw his Oncologist on Monday (11-18) last week, and we were happy to find out that his PSA level is down to 1.9! It was 120 in January, so it almost feels like a miracle.  In the meantime, his testosterone level is 18, and considering that it was over 500 not that long ago, we couldn't be happier. Apparently the chemo and radiation is doing what it's supposed to do.

I have also managed to keep my goal of attending the Friday night Dinners with my friends this month. It's nice to not feel so isolated. I even went overnight (Saturday to Sunday) with my friends and had sushi on Saturday night.

Maybe it doesn't seem like much, but I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I even heard the words "Possible remission," and it makes me so very happy. From near death to near health, and I'm not as worried as I was.

BEST PART
For the first time in a long time, we're having Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving. My husband used to work on Thanksgiving, but since he's retired, we can do it like everyone else.

Happy Thanksgiving To ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment